Using the FareHarbor app on iOS devices
Last updated: November 17, 2022
Note: The FareHarbor iOS app is available for devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 11.0 or newer.
FareHarbor offers apps for devices running the iOS and Android operating systems, as well as support for tablet browsers. This document provides information on how to install and use the app in iOS. For information on how to use the FareHarbor app on an Android phone, click here.
Installing the app
To install the FareHarbor app on your iOS device:
Find the FareHarbor app by following this link or searching for “FareHarbor” in the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
Tap the Get button. The app will automatically start downloading.
Once the download has completed, tap Open to open the app.
When you open the app for the first time, you’ll see a screen with a Log In button.
Logging in and out of the app
To log in to the FareHarbor app:
- Open the app on your mobile phone.
- Tap the blue Log In button.
- Enter your company shortname.
Your shortname is the unique name for your FareHarbor account and can be found in your Dashboard URL: www.fareharbor.com/yourshortname. If you’re not sure what your shortname is, we can email it to you. Learn more..
- Tap Next in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Enter your username and password. Optional: Select Remember me to allow the app to remember your username and password and automatically fill them in next time you log in.
- Tap Log In to open your company’s Dashboard.
To log out of the FareHarbor app:
- Tap the gear icon located in the lower-right corner of the app to open the app Settings options.
- Tap Log out.
Using Touch ID and Face ID with your iOS device
What are Touch ID and Face ID?
Biometrics are a simple and secure way for Apple device users to unlock the FareHarbor mobile app and enforce data security. This can be accomplished either through the fingerprint identity sensor called Touch ID, or through the facial recognition mechanism called Face ID.
Note: Touch ID and Face ID are not recommended for users sharing the same mobile device. If multiple users’ fingerprints are stored on the device, then the app cannot correctly identify between them. As a result, the app will recognize the biometric as valid, and another user could connect to your account.
How to enable Touch ID and Face ID login for the FareHarbor app
Note: Please make sure that biometrics are enabled in your device’s settings before enabling the functionality within the FareHarbor mobile app. Some older iOS devices do not support either Touch ID or Face ID; refer to the Apple support site for more information.
- Enter your username and password on the FareHarbor app login screen. Be sure to enable the Remember me toggle.
- If you haven’t already given permission for FareHarbor to use Face ID, you will see the following prompt. Click OK to grant the required permission:
Note: Touch ID does not require this step.
Activate Touch ID or Face ID (depending on your phone’s capabilities) by moving the corresponding Touch ID or Face ID toggle to the right (it is disabled by default). When enabled, Touch ID (or Face ID) will automatically be presented during successive logins.
After biometrics have been enabled, the app will immediately lock under any of the following conditions:
- when it is not in use;
- when it is moved to the background; or
- when it is closed.
Note: If you do not change this setting, the app will lock immediately.
You can customize the time after which the app will lock by navigating to Settings > Privacy > Touch ID or Face ID and selecting the preferred locking option. You can set the duration anywhere from immediately (default) to 15 minutes. You can use this functionality only when logging out and logging back in (Login only option).
How to disable Touch ID or Face ID for the FareHarbor app
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon) located in the lower-right corner of the FareHarbor app. Tap on Touch ID or Face ID under the Privacy heading in the lower-right corner of the app.
- Tap on Touch ID (or Face ID) and disable the Require Touch ID (or Require Face ID) toggle.
- Log out and log back in, then tap Cancel from the Touch ID or Face ID prompt. Note: this will disable Touch ID or Face ID for your user account. You can, at any time, go through the steps in How to enable Touch ID/Face ID to re-enable this option.
- Note: for Face ID, the Cancel button will appear once there is one failed attempt at facial recognition.
Touch ID & Face ID Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register a fingerprint or my face on my device?
You can find detailed information on how to set up both Touch ID and Face ID on your iOS device on Apple’s support site.
- For Touch ID, please refer to this article.
- For Face ID, please refer to this article.
Can I log in with my username and password if I have enabled Touch ID or Face ID?
Yes, you still have the option to log in using your username and password if you have previously enabled Touch ID or Face ID. When prompted for your Touch ID fingerprint or Face ID recognition, tap Cancel, and then enter your username and password. The Touch ID or Face ID option will be disabled, but you can easily re-enable it from the login page using the steps available here.
What happens if I incorrectly try to authenticate using Touch ID or Face ID multiple times?
For security reasons, after a certain number of unsuccessful attempts to authenticate using Touch ID or Face ID, you will have to enter your device Passcode to continue with the authentication.
Why don’t I see Face ID or Touch ID feature on my device?
This might be because your phone does not have the required capabilities to support biometrics. Another reason might be that you have logged into the app as a one-time user, and did not enable the Remember me setting. The next time you log in and you have the Remember me toggle enabled, you can also see the biometrics displayed under the Privacy section in your device’s Settings page.
Note: Make sure that you have given permission in your device Settings for the app to access Face ID. If you have accidentally denied Face ID permissions for the FareHarbor app, go to your device’s Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode, enter your device passcode, then tap Other Apps. Enable the toggle for FareHarbor,
What happens if I disable Touch ID or Face ID functionality from my device?
If all the fingerprints are removed (for Touch ID) from the device or if the Face ID functionality is disabled, they will be disabled for the FareHarbor app as well, and you will need to re-enable them after signing in using your username and password.
Scanning QR codes for check-in
Note: If you have an iOS device (such as an iPhone or iPad), we highly recommend using the FareHarbor app to scan your QR codes.
In order to troubleshoot issues using the FareHarbor iOS app, follow these steps:
- Close the app and re-open.
- Logout and log back in to the app.
- Delete the app and (re-)install the latest version from the Apple App Store.
If these steps still fail to resolve your issue, please contact FareHarbor Support for further assistance.